Really? I'm Having a Baby Soon?
Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm heading into the 31 week area and boy are things changing. I'm so much more sore now, for instance I can no longer sit on my couch. Oh sure, I can lay on the couch, prop my big ass against the couch but I cannot sit on my couch for long periods of time. My lower back starts to ache but more strangely it's the area above my belly, right under my boobs that really starts to hurt. Maybe it's because I'm lugging around these Dolly Parton sized "friends" around.
Speaking of pain has anyone seen the documentary "The Business of Being Born?" It's one of those movies that you either totally digg or that you think is total bullshit. It proceeded to scare the complete crap out of me, only because I've seen how pitocin and c sections can be pushed on a woman giving birth. The attitude is Oh, it's been an hour and no progress? Why don't we pump you full of shit that makes you have contractions, puts the baby in distress and then rush you into surgery just because, OK? Whee! Sounds like mucho fun.
I'm not sure about doing an absolute med free birth but I am convinced that maybe having a midwife around wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. I guess I should start thinking about it huh?
Emotionally I think I'm ok, stressing on things will always be a part of my life. Right now I'm trying to get through finals, not rip people's head off, not get upset over what I think are people not taking into consideration my feelings, worrying about how to protect my child from inevitable drama, etc. I guess all this stuff bubbles up when you bring a child into the world. It's a protection thing I guess.
Things with Baby T are progressing nicely. She kicks hard, tries to spin in my belly and already keeps me up at night. P. is dying to get a 3d U/S and I'm leaning toward it. I really want to see who she looks like!
0 comments:
Post a Comment