It's All Over!

 Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm on week three of no breasfeeding. Amaya hasn't asked for it, signed for it, nothing! She happily drinks her "wa wa" (milk in a sippy) and has been asking for that ever since I stopped nursing her before bed and when she woke up in the morning.

We made it to 15 months which I am incredibly proud of. My major problem was the fact that since her birth was so traumatic to my body, my milk took nearly 3 weeks to come in. Once she was getting sustained the actual feedings were a peice of cake. But I remember crying every single day that I had no milk to give her.

Before the weaning process I was really feeling like it was time to start giving her more milk. Amaya's 15 month appoitment in which she did make her weight goal really made it clear that she needed more calories and to transition to Whole Cows Milk. The process wasn't easy. She would cry and reach her arms out to me and practically beg to nurse. Not to mention I got more than one comment about still nursing her which of course is no one's darn business.

Ironically, it just seemed like the minute I stopped fighting breastfeeding, Amaya weaned herself. I feel so conflicted, I miss the cuddling and the quiet time. I made it to 15 months and what was one of the most hardest tear inducing yet rewarding thing I've ever done.

And now it's all over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP