Monday, September 20, 2010
Dear Amaya,
Today you started pre-school at a place that I hope you will grow and flourish at. I should tell you first that it was very difficult to make the decision to let you out a little bit in the world. If I could keep you right by my side until you are 18 and ready to go off on your own I totally would. But I can’t and we sent you to a place that I think you will love.
We had lots of fun getting you ready for school, I picked out new shoes and daddy got you dressed. When we rounded the corner to your school you shouted out “PEE SCOOL!” so I knew that you understood the concept. We went in and you took off your backpack and ran over to the shelves that held the wooden shapes. I stood back to just take a minute to watch how carefully you picked them up and examined them. Just before leaving I let you know what time I would be back to pick you up and then I asked for a kiss. You complied and then ran off to explore something else.
On my way home I cried in the car. Not because I was sad to be leaving you or that you had to go to school but because you are growing so fast my love. You are such an independent smart little girl who has her sights set on things I’ll never know about. Just like when I watched you in the rear view mirror the other day and you were gazing out the window and smiling to yourself. I just know you had so many amazing things just running through your head. I called Daddy who confidently told me that you would do awesome and he was totally right. The staff said you had a great first day and that you liked exploring the independent life skills activities like pouring your own milk and scooping your own food.
To celebrate Daddy made some chocolate chip cookies that night. I can’t wait to see where this new direction takes you.
Love
Mommy
0 comments:
Post a Comment